Mon, 30 Jan|
Vocal Registration - How to Control Your Low Voice, High Voice and that Bit in the middle...
In this webinar, join Dr. Veronica Stewart as she unpacks vocal registers and why they are so darn tricky to wrap our minds -and our voices!- around. Vee will cover the physiological vs acoustic and aesthetic differences we experience, and demystify the different terms used in literature.
30 Jan 2023, 7:30 pm – 8:30 pm AEDT
About this event
Chest Voice, Head Voice, Middle Voice...Modal 1, M2, Voix Mixte! One voice...a few gear shifts = much confusion.
Vocal Registers - the zones of our singing voice that we use to move flexibly up and down the notes of the songs we love - can be confusing and difficult to control, not to mention the range of terminology used in literature and in teaching.
Having an ability to move smoothly, and to control registration with style and ease, is key to singing really nicely.
In this online webinar, join Dr. Veronica Stewart as she unpacks vocal registers from the perspective of what they are physiologically (vocal function) and aesthetically.
We will cover the following
- What vocal registers sound like: Samples of the differences we hear and experience acoustically.
- What vocal registers are: What happens at the laryngeal level, and the influence of vocal tract setting or shape modification.
- Effective exercises that help you strengthen coordination throughout your registers, and in what order to do them in.
- Take-home exercises and practice plan
Suited to: Adult Beginners; Professional Vocalists; Teens 15+
- FREE to current Ongoing students, Casual Pass holders and Virtual Studio members (please login before registering)
- $55 for Non-members
Attendance - Online
Choose this option if attending online. A join link and details will be emailed to you.$55.00