Sun, 16 Oct|
Belt It Out: A Workshop on Belting and Vocal Intensity with Dr. Veronica Stewart
In this hands-on in-studio workshop, learn what happens within the vocal tract when we belt or sing intense phrases. Then, learn strategies that develop your skill, capacity and control for belt and intense vocals.
16 Oct 2022, 1:30 pm – 5:00 pm
Canada Bay, 2/134 Queens Rd, Canada Bay NSW 2046, Australia
About this event
Discover how to belt or sing with intensity in this specialist workshop for intermediate-advanced (or very keen beginners!) singers.
Spend an afternoon with our studio founder and director, vocal researcher, singer and vocal coach, Dr. Veronica Stewart, as she walks you through what takes place within your voice when you attempt to belt, and how to do this aspirational technique efficiently.
You will tackle the following common vocal challenges:
- Difficulties when belting, such as strain, pain and
- Confusion around "belt", chest, mix and dso on
- An unreliable belt, or one that causes severe vocal fatigue afterwards
In this hands-on in-studio workshop, you will learn the following:
- Case studies of different "belt" versions
- What happens within the vocal tract when we belt or sing intense phrases
- How to approach a phrase that requires belt
- How to modify your vocal tract to allow - and balance - efficient airflow, resonance and volume
- Safety benchmarks for heavy belting or intense repertoire
- Strategies and exercises, along with a 6-week program to follow, to prepare your voice and increase your capacity and control for intense vocal work
- Attempt belting within an exploratory environment
To get the most out of this workshop, ideally you should have intermediate understanding of vocal terminology - but, for our keen beginners, you will be supported through this.
On the day, please bring and wear:
- Wear comfortable, warm clothing that you can move in
- Bring a pair of socks
- If you've got one, bring your own yoga mat (these will br provided as well)
- If you usually perform in heels, bring a pair of these as well.
Bookings & Details:
Due to the physical nature of belting, and the required coaching, this workshop is not offered online.
This workshop is limited to only 8 attendees. Cancellations require 14 days.
This specialist workshop is discounted (20%) for studio members and current students. To take advantage of this discount, please ensure you are logged in using your studio account details.